A Snippet
May 23, 2016
I am one of those people who likes to write down every aspect of what I’m feeling. Since I was about 13, I have written down what I feel, who I feel it towards or about, and most importantly I wrote down exactly what happened. I was thinking about all of this and I kept thinking about the first time I met Brennen. It was July 16th, 2014. I remember he had come to my apartment with his roommates. I walked out of my bedroom and around the corner in a very grungy mood. I was not having a good day, but I remember coming out of the room and seeing him standing by the wall by the couch on his phone (of course!). He was wearing his black converse shoes (high tops), tan pants, batman shirt, and his army tags. His phone had an American flag case on it. I remember he awkwardly looked up at me, made eye contact with me, and looked back down at his phone. We were going star gazing with his apartment and mine and I remember I sat next to him in the car and things just kept getting better since that day. I’m not a real believer in love at first site, but I think this could have been more of love at first talk. My dad jokes all the time about how it was love at first Skype since we Skyped our lives away all summer while I lived in Rockton and he lived in Nampa. I remember how many times I friendzoned him, but obviously that is not what God intended to happen.
I consider myself very lucky to have such an extraordinary opportunity to be able to love someone so selfless. I have never met someone who would put me before them or who would literally take a bullet for me. I know that if he ever did take that bullet for me that I would probably get really mad at him once I made it to heaven with him. I always joke with Brennen about how I have always dated people younger than me for the most part. I thought it was interesting that I am about 9 months older than him…I don’t think that is a coincidence.
God has blessed me in so many uncountable ways. I wake up every morning thinking “How did I get so blessed to call someone as special as Brennen, mine?”. I think about how noble and kind he is to me. He serves our country with pride in his heart and he serves God all the time. Brennen has so many countless qualities that I could list forever and ever, but I’ll say this: Brennen changed my life when he came into it almost 2 years ago and he continues to do so everyday. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for us from moving to Nampa, to getting puppies, starting and raising our sweet children, getting him through school, succeeding at what he does in the Army, and just living a happy and successful life.
An older picture from like 2 years ago…..
Love this prince charming!


“A good marriage requires time. It requires effort. You have to work at it. You have to cultivate it. You have to forgive and forget. You have to be absolutely loyal one to another.” Gordon B. Hinckley
Comments
Post a Comment