Hello World!
May 12, 2015
When you aren’t looking, that’s when it usually happens. Life is definitely no fairy tale, nor did I ever expect it to be, but when I met Brennen I finally felt like fairy tales could really become reality tales. 

We were both attending BYU-Idaho when we met. Our apartments hung out towards the end of the spring semester, and we sort of just kept talking over the summer. I was back in Illinois and he was in Nampa working. We never expected much to come out of it. When I came back out to school in September, Brennen took multiple trips up to Rexburg to see me every other weekend, sometimes every weekend. I thought it was insane. Who would spend that much money in gas to come see me for two days out of the week? My cousin, Jordan, had emailed me previously at the beginning of the semester (he is serving his mission in England) predicting that I would “find a husbandman this semester”. I didn’t really believe him, but when Brennen started coming to see me so often, I was skeptical.
He asked me to be his girlfriend in September, and before I knew it, I found myself falling in love with him rather quickly. A couple months later we started talking about marriage and I had already picked out a date in my head. I didn’t think he would be on board for it, but he seemed anxious to make me his wife. Before I knew it, we were looking at rings and he was having one made for me. He proposed on January 19th, 2015 where we first met – the Haunted Swing which is on the outskirts of Rexburg. I was so excited I could not stop saying “Oh my heck!”. I think that will always humor him. 
On April 11th, 2015, I knelt across the alter from my best friend and I was sealed to him for Time and All Eternity. That was the best day of my life. I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life. There was a point when I was walking out of the bride room that I had to sit down because I was so excited and nervous, but God carried me to Brennen’s side where I constantly whispered to him to not let me fall or faint. After the sealing, when I was walking in my wedding dress to meet Brennen, I remember how amazing it was to see him in his military uniform. It sent chills down my spine as he embraced me, told me I looked amazing, and led me to our family.
The day I married Brennen was the happiest day ever. I will never forget how it felt to stand by his side and become his Mrs.
I wanted to start this blog so that family and friends can keep in close contact with Brennen and I’s lives. We are busy up here in Rexburg, me in school and him working his tail off, but life is so grand and we couldn’t be happier. Words can’t describe how happy Brennen makes me and I am so in love with this amazing man that changed my life for the better. Somehow or another we were led to each other when neither of us were seeking this. But that’s the astonishing thing about happiness, you can receive it no matter what situation you are in. God is wanting us all to be happy and he puts in our path the people that can allow that happiness to be in our lives. I know Brennen was put in my life for a reason. He was the one person who could say anything and I could not help but laugh and smile at him. I will forever be in this happy place with my husband and discover what this life will behold for both of us as a Deason.
Now.We.Start.Forever





Comments
Post a Comment