Update on Life

February 1, 2016
Okay, so Brennen and I are both in school right now full time. He starts back at work in about two months or so. We have recently found out that BYU-Idaho has taken away the Paramedic program which Brennen was working so hard to get into. He has been taking the prerequisites faithfully and been passing with the proper grades in order to fly full speed ahead into the program. Unfortunately for us, and so many students who are probably in the same boat as us, they removed the major and now we are working on our plan B. Right now we are pretty set in stone with our plan, but things always change as we have experienced this past month. We have been told that he could get into the nursing program here, but he would need to do more prerequisites and we would be here in Rexburg a lot longer than we intended to be.
What we have determined is Brennen is going to try to get into the nursing program at Boise State University. This transfer would not be happening until the summer after I graduate. In other words, he would probably start there in the fall of 2017. That being said, he is able to finish all the prerequisites for BSU here at BYU-Idaho so he should be able to get into the program there as long as he has the classes he needs. This puts us on track to moving to Boise the summer after this one, so the summer of 2017. I am overly excited for this change and cannot wait to see what life has in store for us past college.
I will be walking in graduation in April of 2016 for my Bachelor’s degree in Psychology (minor in Sociology). This is something I have been working hard for since I started school. I am so excited for this. I am excited to feel accomplished and to be able to get a good job while Brennen is finishing up school. My classes are becoming challenging and I’ll probably have to retake one of my classes that I am taking this semester. It is hard to pass a class that 80% of your grade is exams that are not written well…anyways that’s a different story. Brennen will hence be getting his Associate’s degree in April of 2017 as well making us both done at this school and ready to move onto the next phase in life.
After Brennen graduates from Boise State (as long as that is what happens for us…), we have been talking about Anesthesiology school where he would probably get his Doctorate’s degree, but that will all depend on the circumstances we are at when that comes around. It is hopeful, but it all depends.
I know I had previously mentioned that we were thinking about moving apartment complexes, but that has changed. We are now staying in University Gateway Apartments and will be here at least until December unless plans change. It is nice to have a bed and couch without owning them. That will make it much easier to move when we end up leaving Rexburg.
Life throws a lot of challenges at us, but we are working hard to make the best out of it. We are excited to move on out of Rexburg and see what awaits us beyond college.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

35 weeks and large!

...In Remembrance...