It is 2018!

I don't have any pictures to attach to this post, but I do want to update all of our friends and family about what is going on in our lives. At this point we are currently living in Illinois and Brennen was accepted into nursing school! He is getting close to finishing his first semester here in just a month or two. We are so excited to see where he is going in life and to know that these steps are getting us that much closer to a career. He absolutely loves the things he is learning. He comes home everyday and tells me about all of the medical jargon stuff that he is learning about. He is constantly taking my breath away with all the information he constantly has to learn. I am so happy that he is on this path in his life and is making progress towards fulfilling his dreams: our dreams.

I am basically a stay-at-home puppy mom. We bought Rogue back in the summer. I think we got her in June. She is a beautiful German Shepherd and she is almost a year old now. We are loving her so much. I wish I could say more about her, but she learns things quickly. She knows several tricks and commands, but I wish she would listen all of the time. She is too smart for her own good and often disobeys me when the reward from the environment is more rewarding than me. She is very protective of me and lets everyone know that.

Brennen is also working at Menards. He doesn't hate it, but after working there for almost a year now he has decided even if nursing didn't work out that this would not be the right way to go for him. I wish all of our life decisions were easier, but time will tell how soon big decisions have to be made. Menards definitely does not make him feel fulfilled. Brennen is a busy body and thoroughly enjoys the ideas of life not being boring. Menards is a mundane job that doesn't allow him to release that adrenaline he like to feel when experiencing new things.

One would say 2017 came to an eventful end. My dad had to have his appendix out on New Year's Eve. Many hilarious things happened that night that we do not have to mention, but we are ultimately glad that we are all able to laugh despite the circumstances. We are glad dad is healthy and better now.

Brennen and I are primary teachers in church. We teach the CTR 6 kids. We love our kids. They are constantly teaching us more than we are teaching them. I am super grateful to have this calling. I feel as though primary is probably the best place for us to be in this ward. Although we were never truly given the chance to make friends in the ward, we do not consider ourselves unlucky. There are not many people out here even remotely close to our age. Even the people close to our age have children and so we do not exactly fit the typical mold. Young adults our age are mostly in Idaho or Utah still going to college, but not everyone takes the same path in life and I am forever grateful for the new adventures that have befallen us in this area. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

35 weeks and large!

...In Remembrance...