Where has the time gone...

2019 is the best year ever. 
I'm not just saying that because I haven't updated the blog since 2018 and it is hard to say if anyone even knows how our 2018 went...but because it is literally the BEST YEAR EVER! 

On November 30th, 2018 I woke up and took a pregnancy test. And you guessed right...
And guess what? We broke the girl streak in both of our family's because...
We could not be any more excited than we are, but I still feel more excited and anxious every single day. We have been patiently trying and waiting for this opportunity and after praying and hoping, Heavenly Father decided it was a good time for us to have this little dude come into our lives. 
We have not decided on a name yet, but we have a couple good ones brewing inside our minds. The list gets changed everyday and new names get added while others that we used to like get taken off. I hope it is one of those moments that we just know when we see his cute little face. 
Little Baby D is quite the fighter (if you can't tell from his ultrasound in the gender reveal, he likes to box). We are currently 26 weeks-ish and this little guy can pack the punch. He is constantly jabbing and moving and rolling over. When he rolls over now, though, it is a bit more uncomfortable for me (and probably him) since he doesn't have as much room. He is about 2 pounds this week and the size of a thing of kale (yuck! Kale!). His fist is the size of a piece of popcorn so he is still pretty small, but he is about 14 inches long. This Mama is having a hard time sleeping at night from all the wiggling around he does. He has gotten quite good at squirming at the wrong times. Not to mention, his movement sometimes make me a little motion sick and makes me feel like I am on a roller coaster, but I love him nonetheless. 
Here is one of many baby blankets my mom and I have been working on making together. He is going to be so spoiled! I love him so much! 

A lot happened in 2018 that I could talk about for forever. We had a trip to Idaho, went to a Wisconsin vs. BYU game, saw the Jazz vs. the Bucks (that was actually in January I believe), watched the Jazz vs. Houston in the playoffs recently (that was a blast, but the Jazz fell out of the playoffs unfortunately so go Bucks or Portland!), and much more. 

Our family dog Angel passed away in November. She was getting very frail and so we made the decision to put her down. She will always be missed, but we loved her so much. I think about her often and sometimes at night when I eat cereal at eleven o'clock I sometimes think she is haunting the living room, but I probably just am hearing things. 

Brennen is finishing his 3rd semester of nursing school and is starting his 4th and final here in August. I could not be more proud of the the man he is becoming because of this passion he is pursuing. He is constantly surprising me with medical facts (not to mention this semester is his mother baby unit and it is telling him so much of what could happen while I am in labor). When he finishes in December, there will be a pinning ceremony that we will go to and then in January he will take the NCLEX. We are hoping to move to Texas at this point, but we will go wherever a job is. He takes the test for license in a specific state and then I don't know how it works but he can get a multi-state license or something like that. So, there are a lot of options out there, but we have recently discovered how expensive the housing market is in the Boise, Idaho area and we do not think we would be able to afford even a one bedroom house there. Not to mention we need at least a two bedroom one with this little nugget coming fast and soon...
Brennen also is done with the Army in October. He has enjoyed his experience in the Army a lot, but it is time to put his long time career in the front and center. Maybe in a few years if we are settled down and he can get a nice bonus for rejoining and find a nice unit...then maybe he will reenlist, but for now after praying and considering our options it seems best that he goes into the inactive reserves. Thank you for the opportunities Army! We have grown stronger because of the separations, but are ready to start our futures.

I am working hard to make space for this baby and to not feel too overwhelmed at the same time. I am super grateful to be living with my parents (specifically my mom) for this first little bit of this baby's life. Becoming a parent is super scary in my opinion. I don't know how people do this and half the time I wonder if I am going to be good at it. Brennen is amazing and constantly reminds me that I am meant for this. My whole life I have always wanted to be a mom and that is what my goal has been for such a long time. I am eternally grateful that I can do this. He also reminds me that although I have gained 30 pounds already that I am still the most beautiful woman he knows (okay done bragging, but I mean come on he is amazing is he not?). So, yes, I feel fears more than I feel anything with this pregnancy and with the future of our lives, but there is so much to look forward to and I think after it is all said and done that I will begin to feel such relief. There will be much more anxiety and panic and fears, but there will be a lot more happy times and good memories and an amazing life. 

Here is to 2019 being the best year yet!
(A year old photo)
(And a photo from June)

-With love-
An Anxious Emily, but Stinking Pumped Emily <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

35 weeks and large!

...In Remembrance...