Lincoln is a big little dude

Oh Lincoln 
Where do I even begin 
He loves his momma snuggles 
and his daddy snuggles
He never stops surprising us with his skills
I will never be able to slow down time. 
It seems like every day goes by faster than the last. 
I want to keep him little forever...away from all the wickedness of this world. 
I wake up every day grateful that Brennen and I were both raised right. We were both raised with values that transcend the negativities of the world. There is so much going on around us, but we are confident in our abilities to not only raise a respectful, courageous little boy, but also to raise future children as well...in righteous ways and correct paths. 
I have found that being a mother is unlike any other challenge I have ever faced. I had such a hard time adjusting to the realms of what it takes to be successful at this. I have learned time management skills (and how showering at night is the best way to go when you can hand baby off to daddy or grandparents). 
I hate to admit having weaknesses, but I do. 
I had the hardest time becoming selfless and giving my all to becoming a mother, especially during those first few months of recovery. It was a never ending cycle of emotions and pain. I remember when we first brought Lincoln home that I could barely get out of bed. I felt devastated that I had to have Brennen do so much during the night feedings, but it made me that much more grateful for him. 
Brennen is the best dad. A lot of people don't see what I see behind the scenes of our daily lives. Brennen goes above and beyond making it possible for me to rest and catch my breath. He is going to school, working, and being a successful daddy. So many things he does all at once. 

Being parents is tough work, but the rewards are endless. I see in my son's eyes the happiness he has and his smile that lights up a room. He is the most precious little person. 

Speaking of accomplishments...
We are moving to North Carolina! 
Brennen is going to work in an ICU at a hospital in Monroe. 
We are very excited for our next step! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World!

35 weeks and large!

...In Remembrance...